Sunday 17 November 2013

City to Sea

Today I did the city to sea with mum. Massive race this one with over 13 thousand people running. Dad is injured at the moment and he was enrolled in the race. I needed to do a long run so I took his place, but ran with mum, not racing myself. Perfect weather for running and mum started off well going through the first km in around 4:20. We then picked up the pace a bit and did a couple of 4:12's and 4:15's. We then slowed a bit at the 9km mark going back down to 4:28's. We kept this pace for a until the 11th km where mum was struggling a bit. Couple of people went past us with 1500m to go, but when we hit 1km to go mum upped the pace again gaining back all the positions and more. Finished with a time of 1:01:24 so big Pb for mum. 430th overall and 48th woman. She seemed pretty happy so that's good. 16km all up including warm up then I went on to play a futsal game so plenty of exercise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment