Sunday 6 August 2017

Solid

Friday came with 16km on the bike nothing special, I was pretty tired and maybe the legs were feeling it a bit.

Hills went really well though, despite losing the times for the reps again, the whole session was 22:33 so very strong for me I was pretty done in at the end. Had Liam on my tail for the first 6 and one he dropped I started feeling it a lot more. I was keen for the tempo to follow though, again pretty tired but kept the cadence up and ended up with 7:16 for 2km so not bad I reckon. Focusing on cadence when I'm hurting though does help keep the pace solid.

Yesterday the tiredness caught up with me so decided to ditch ferny and the early start and run by myself after a sleep in. Good call 100%, struggled to get out the door though but once I warmed up it was okay. Down to the beach before doing a little out and back and running up south road to home. Hilliest route in the south eastern suburbs I reckon. Brought the watch but again didn't look while running and ended up with 20km in 1:25:44 (4:17s) so way quicker than I thought I was travelling but that's the beauty of not knowing.

77.2km for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment