Wednesday 15 June 2016

Nervous

Haven't been this nervous 3 days out from a race in a very long time. The infamous Bundoora park. Must've run there a good 8 times in my cardio time. 

8km for my build. It's state champs so the national team is decided at this one for cross country. I don't have any expectations, just hoping to run well. Really gonna focus and going out strong and steady and not too fast. Don't want to die here, an even split would be ideal. 

Tonight was training, suiting the taper Lesley had us doing 100m on, 100m off. Everyone was on the track, except myself, sticking to my promise. Ran strongly and felt good for 2.4km. Never lost my breath, feeling good. 8.4km all up. The plan is to take tomorrow off, before doing a short, easy run plus some quick strides on Friday the day before the race, then seeing how to go. First time I've ever really tried to taper down properly so I'm trying to find what works for me. 

I'm so bloody nervous and I don't know why. Here's some more photos of Warby.

The whole crew after Monas on Monday.

Walk in the Redwood forest. Mum and Dad joined us for that one, they're on the right.

Don't we all. Pretty pumped for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment