Monday 6 June 2016

Monas and easy

Monas last night, pretty chilly on the ride there so kept the trackies on during the warm up. Best decision ever, felt really loose and unrestricted during the session once I took them off. 

Trained with Jasper, although I got away on the longer reps, he's pretty speedy and kept me honest on the 15s and 30s. Session was 2 X 90, 4 X 60, 4 X 30 and 4 X 15 with the same jog recovery as hard effort. Really pushed hard and trained well. Covered 5.4km in 19:45, I can normally only manage 5.2. 

Felt great afterwards as a bit of rain started to come in so did 3 laps cool down for 12.6km all up. 

Finished my first exam today which was held at Caulfield racecourse so I just brought my kit and went straight away afterwards. Quite windy and wet which wasn't ideal but there you go. Did 10.3km in 46.22 plus 5 strides. Strides felt so weird as I couldn't get the leg turnover high because of soaked shoes and muddy turf. Good run though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment