Monday 20 June 2016

Back on the build

Felt awesome after an unusual day off yesterday. Pretty lazy day as I'm on holidays now, so was looking forward to training all day. 

Faster warm up than usual and some strong strides in trackies with the squad before finding out the session was 6 X 400m, 4 X 200m with the same jog recovery. 

I think Will was cooked after his race so I ran with him for the session. JB pulled out a huge effort. Recoveries were solid, but nothing spectacular, reps were real good though especially for the outside. 

Times went: 72, 71, 70, 73, 70, 71, 32, 31, 34, 33

Was gonna do the 3 laps cool down, but my left foot was feeling pretty tender in the arch so left it at 2. 12.2km all up, I need some new shoes.

Off the the mizuno shop on Friday with Sammy and maybe JB for some elite specials apparently so I'll probably cash in on quite a bit of kit then. 

Here's a classic one of myself, Sammy and Declan after the race on Saturday. And here's one of the greatest photos ever taken. God I love Eminem, how cool is that album cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment