Thursday 30 October 2014

We're back

Tonight great session, got up to running club with Haffie and Tom to do some 400's. Fairly complicated session so I'll explain as I go. Started off with 3 x 400m off 1 minute passive on the outside track. First 1 had a hill in it but still posted a quality time of 73s. Then the next was down so took a few seconds off in 70 flat before final one in the set of 73s. Then the second set was another 3 x 400m but with 2 mins passive and faster. We hit 71s up the hill, 67s back down and 68s for the third. Then we went onto the track for the final set. 4 x 400m with 3 minutes passive and faster still. Just coming onto the track brought the times down and we went 63s for the first one. Not going to lie I thought we were going to blow up, but we held on. 63s again before a 62s. Maxed out after the second last one absolutely dead. Tom went out quick on the last and I couldn't stay in touch, went through 200m in 30 flat and Tom went through in 29. Last 100m, Haftu and I started reeling him in but we couldn't bridge the gap, Haftu came by me with 50 to go I couldn't hold him off. Collapsed after I finished and had to be helped off the track so I didn't get in anyone's way. Great session though, cool down was the hardest 2.4km I've ever done. 8.8km all up, good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment