Thursday 9 October 2014

Regional Athletics 2014

Got up early to get the bus from school to the track. The bus was specifically for taking us to Casey Fields but the driver had absolutely no idea about anything. My 3000m started at 9:30 and at 9:15 we stopped on the side of the road to get out the 76 year old map someone found under a seat. We got there with legitimately 5 minutes to spare so I grabbed a singlet, changed into spikes, got to the line, ticked off my name, did 1 run through and then the gun went. No time for a jog, strides, drills or water, it's safe to say the warm up was disappointing. It was an open 3000m and the 1st km was fast in 3:00 then just wasn't concentrating at all, the lack of warm up killed me and just messed it up. Ended with a time of 9:36 and 5th position. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for either. Then waited until around 3 for my 1500m. The start was slow with all the quality holding back and the unsure's out the front. I sat on the favourite for a bit before surging ahead to the lead pack. Overtook them all and kept rolling, I kept pushing trying to drop people on my tail but to no avail. Got out kicked by 2 people on the line but put up a solid fight. Speed has come on a bit which I'm glad about. Still managed a podium which was great and a Pb time of 4:24. Pretty good run the 1500 although I reckon faster still if someone was ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Jack. First track races of the season, those times will come right down.

    ReplyDelete