Thursday 19 September 2013

Shermy Fartlek

Yesterday did a Shermy Fartlek session named after our coach who invented it. It goes 30s, 45s, 60s, 90s, 2 mins and 3 mins with a 1 minute recovery jog between each rep. 3 minutes walk then repeat. It was only me, Nick and Chris training tonight as Cheyne (Coach) wasn't coming down and the weather was awful. Started with 2.5km warm up, then some drills before getting into the session. We ran in a line to try and take a bit of wind off those who were in the back. We took it in turns to each lead a rep. Felt pretty crappy to be honest, but it was alright. I led the first 1 minute and the first set and I settled in after that. Led the 3km also and that was good. On the last rep for the last set, Nick surged very quick and I couldn't keep with him. I stuck with Chris and managed to overtake him in the last 50m. Pretty happy, about 10.7km in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment