Saturday 14 September 2013

3km Race

Today had a 3km race at a Private school practice meet where all the private schools in the area have a track and field competition on most Saturdays during track season. I don't go to a private school, but I was invited along by my running coach who coaches running at one of the schools. I was running in an open 3km race and Haftu, who I train with, was also in it. We started off quick going through the first km in 3:05. It was me and 3 other runners at the front and after 1500m they dropped me. It was gradual they slowly crept away from me and it was incredible frustrating. They finished the race about 150m ahead of me. I ran it in 10:03 a PB for me, but I was expecting more of myself. I was hoping for about 9:45. I have another 3km in a few weeks so I will try and get under 10 minutes then.

No comments:

Post a Comment