Thursday 12 September 2013

Kenyan Fartlek Again

Yesterday went to running club again, the weather was almost perfect for running aside from a bit of wind. After a 2.5km warm up and some drills, we started the session. I was training with Chris, Haftu, Duggie and Jasper, so quite a small group. Started with 2 minutes hard then 2 minutes easy and we did that 4 times. I led the second one and it felt good. No niggles from the 24/7. After the third one Jasper dropped out I think he had an injury, but I don't know for certain. We completed the fourth one and then had a 4 minute break before starting 1's. We did 1 minute hard, 1 minute easy 6 times. I led the first and 4th one, but by then it was only Haftu , Chris and I running so each of us led 2 reps. Finished the session no worries and I really enjoyed it. First proper training after the 24/7 and it felt good. About 9.8km in all including warm up and cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment