Monday 23 September 2013

10km race

Today had the big 10k. Been really looking forward to this for a while. Woke up and had a really bad sore throat. I decided to do the race anyway, but I had too high expectations. After a solid warm up I went to the start line and the gun went off. Started really nicely just the way I wanted. Went through the first km in 3:35 a bit faster than the plan. I felt really good then, but then the cold kicked in at about 3.5km and I started to slow. I went through 5km in 19 minutes. I was started to hurt at around 6km , but I kept pushing through. Ended up with a time of 39:11. I was very disappointed when I finished as I was hoping for a faster time. The cold I think took it's toll. At least now I have a bench mark to work up from. I think I will sign up for the Melbourne Marathon 10km and try to beat that time then.

No comments:

Post a Comment