Monday 31 August 2015

Catch up

Hills on Saturday morning. A solid session by all means. Early start and had to hammer on the warm up to catch the pack before the hill. Went out a bit more conservatively for fear of pulling a similar stint to last time and blowing up after 5.

Turned out to be a good decision as the splits were fairly even bottom to top. Times went:

1:12, 1:12, 1:12, 1:13, 1:11, 1:13, 1:14, 1:12

Felt great afterwards so I'll run faster next time, but it hit me after the car ride home. 

Some French thing in the City Sunday morning so I couldn't make ferny unfortunately. Ran in the evening instead, caught up with Sam at DMK and talked about his national cross country race that he and Will qualified for last Saturday. They came 16th and 17th in Australia with Sam edging out Will by 2 seconds. 

Great race apparently and lucky as it was in Melbourne. Qualifying for nationals is definitely a goal for next year once school is over. We'll see if I can make top 20 in Victoria first though. 

Anyway Sam did 7km with me as he had the national relays today although I'm not sure how Vic did. I did 19.7km in 1:31:15. The flat, easy paths were real easy to navigate after weeks of ferny and barely felt the longer distance. I used to really hurt on these runs before the dandenongs so the trails must be helping.

Psychology exam after school today so rushed home, grabbed some raisin toast got out the door to cycle to running club. There's a club half marathon this weekend so lots of people are tapering for that. I'm not getting involved so I did a longer version of everyone else's session.

2 laps of acceleration, followed by 400, 200, 400 with the same distance jog between. Hung onto Matt for the first two laps before going the last bit on my own as he stopped. We were much closer to the leaders than usual which was good to see although Sam wasn't there to push their pace. 

Really pushed on my last section and struggled to jog back to the track entrance. Great session though, 12km all up, 73km for last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment