Saturday 31 January 2015

Trevor's Hills

Got up early and drove with Chris out to Jells Park for the weekly hill session held and run every Saturday by Trevor Vincent, a 4:01 miler and 8:39 3000m steeplechase back in the day, with a Comm Games gold medal to his name. I was feeling pretty tired this morning in a sleepy sort of way so my goal was just to keep things consistent. 360m hill with a 340m fast float back down the hill before starting the rep again. The hill starts steep which makes it hard quickly before flattening a bit but not so much so you can't get going again before you hit the next steep section at the top of which is the turn around.  I was doing 8 hills. The regulars went out properly fast but I stayed a bit more conservative. My times were 1:09, 1:11, 1:13, 1:14, 1:15, 1:14, 1:15, 1:14. Pretty happy to be honest, I feel like I trained well,  much better than last time. Managed to hold on to fourth place out of everyone with Chris ahead of me. 12km all up with a longer cool down around the lake with the 2 leaders and Chris. Keeping in mind the leader has already done 115km for the week and was pumping out those hills in 62 seconds or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment