Tuesday 27 January 2015

Tracking

So Cheyne has cashed in and bought himself a new knee, so he's in hospital taking it easy. Steve Fabris(Fab) is filling in as coach and he's a bit of a sprint demon but a great guy. When I rocked up to training, Haffie brought me back a present from Ethiopia where he was training and visiting his family. A signed poster of Haile Gebrselassie, huge thank you to Haftu, I'm a happy man. He got to meet both Haile and Mo Farah in Ethiopia and he has sworn never to wash again after shaking hands with both of them. The photo is below. Anyway I wasn't feeling great, felt really heavy and lethargic. I trained with Chris and Fab we did 5 x 600m off 90s, 4 x 400m off 60s, and 3 x 200m off 30s. 600 times were 1:54-1:50 for all 5. Harsh headwind on the home straight as well which was just a pain in the neck making life so much more difficult. The 400's I hit from 70s to 73s, nothing special. The 200's 31s, 35s, 31s so again very average. First session back so no worries. 9.8km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment