Sunday 18 January 2015

10km

Flew into Wellington yesterday after some pretty aggressive mountain biking the day before. I was awful at the start but got into it and really enjoyed it in the end. Ran today though 10km in the some of the windiest conditions I've trained it. On the way out it was fantastic I was cruising at 3:45 pace with no effort at all. Then turned around and it hit me hard. I was pushing like I was running 400m and going no where. I was hovering in the air after each step as the wind pushed my against the force of my step and held me suspended. Spit was being torn from my mouth the wind was so strong. My watch said 9 min km pace at one point. It was truly unbelievable. No idea how I managed 47 minutes in the end, I must've been flying with the wind behind me. When I got home, I had no clean shirts so now I'm stuck in one of my fathers, which is 22 sizes too big and I'm looking like a really skinny build.

No comments:

Post a Comment