Thursday 29 January 2015

Mile Reps

Beginning of the end today, back on home turf at Mckinnon for the first day of my final year. Got  top locker so really that's all that matters. Went down to Runners World yesterday to pick up a pair of new running shoes. I must've done almost 3000km in those shoes. Done pretty well for themselves I'd say. Got the new Nike zoom elites yesterday and training on the track tonight felt pretty good, a bit of bounce underfoot definitely helps. Did mile reps on the track so a bit of an unfamiliar distance but really enjoyed it. Chris and I did 3 x the mile off 3 minutes recovery then finished with 5 x 400m of 60s recovery. Miles went well. Horrendous headwind on the home stretch once again and I'd say the times were affected. We did 5:25, 5:24, 5:25 so most consistent I've ever run. It was fairly tough but we weren't going all out because of the 400's. My times were 74s, 72s, 71s, 71s, 66s. Finished strong and really happy to be honest. I'll try and push for sub 71s for all 400's next time to keep the times more consistent. 10km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment