Tuesday 30 December 2014

Highnam Handicap

Yesterday did just under 8km and a few 150m strides for a bit of intensity. Then today was the race of the century. The highnam family is at ours for Christmas and so we have a race. We chose a 2.5km loop and started at different times depending on different abilities. The idea is for everyone to finish at the same time. I was starting second last as Tom Highnam is quicker than me and loves running way too much. I started and felt shaky but I saw I was catching the ultra running Jamie so I felt a bit better. I kept pushing up until 2km where the action went down. I caught most of toms kids as well as 2 aunties, Jamie and my sister. That's when Tom came by me so I latched on. Then we were really flying, caught some more cousins and Tom dropped me and I struggled through to the line. Finished fifth in the end really happy with it all. Really fun race and managed 7:44 for just under 2.5km. Charlie, an 8 year old cousin, a claimed the title, really happy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment