Tuesday 9 December 2014

Floating on a dream

Went for a swim this morning, just did a km but I was tired afterwards. Then, this afternoon, got a call from a neighbour to do some gardening work so on my feet all day shovelling mulch. Anyway rocked up to running club feeling tired. I was the only distance person so I joined the middle distance boys and Cheyne created a distance session off of what they were doing. Pretty windy as well on the track which made it tough the last 100m of each rep.  So I did 6 x 300m on the track with 100m float recovery before having a break and then doing a set of 4 x 300m with 100m float recovery. Felt okay because of the day but trained not too badly. The first 6 times were 54s, 56s, 55s, 55s, 54s, 53s. My first 3 floats were way too fast. Apparently I looked like I was doing the same speed all the way around. Then had my break and onto the next 4 300's. Sped up on these ones, the times were 52s, 52s, 51s, 50s. The headwind killed me on the last one, I hit a wall and felt like I was walking. Happy to be honest though, off the float, they're not bad times. Have a Futsal game tonight so even more exercise. 8.8km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment