Tuesday 4 February 2014

We're Stegglers for Quality

Today running club. First things first, windiest conditions I have ever trained in. It was actually a joke. So, we were doing 1km, 60s recovery, 200m quick, 4 minutes recovery. I thought it was going to be easier than it was to be honest. The wind and the speed that we did the session made pushed us all over the line. It was quite warm also 28 degrees. It all contributed. Started off solid in 3:11 for the k then 32s for the 200m. Felt really good then. Everyone seemed to be alright after the longer recovery. I led Haftu, Jasper and Chris in the 1km and we got 3:03. Happy with this time, but I was starting to hurt, pushed again on the 200 pulling 30s. Next km Chris went out quick and I stuck with him until about 400m to go when he and Haftu pulled away. Kept pushing against the wind and managed to get 2:57. Stoked with this time going under 3 minutes for the last 1km. 60s recovery then the 200. Again Chris goes out quick I do my best to stay with him. Managed to go past him in the last 100 but he stayed on my tail. 27s again so happy. Quality training tonight, 6km all up. Feeling good about Vic juniors in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment