Sunday 9 February 2014

More Speed

This morning went to running club. There are extra sessions this week because of the Vic Juniors. Today started off with 1.2km warm up then did a 1200m rep quickly. Haftu, Chris and I doing the longer stuff while the others did a quick 600m. Unbelievable wind this morning creating bush fire havoc all over Victoria. The worst day for fires in 5 years apparently. Really harsh start to the 1200 then with the wind right against us. Went through 600m in 2 minutes flat. Wind was to the side of us after that and we really kicked home, running a 3:38. 10 second pb for me but I have never actually done a 1200 as fast as I can. I recovered quickly though and was fine a minute after.  The rep didn't feel really hard it was just the wind. Incredible. Happy with the time because a 10 second pb in a hurricane is a 10 second pb in a hurricane, so not too bad. The weather conditions for the weekends races look good so hopefully I'll run a pb in both events. We then did 4 x 100m sprints with a 300m float recovery which was a bit of a laugh. Good speed training though. 5.2km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment