Wednesday 12 February 2014

Last Taper

So last taper tonight at running club before the big races. Cheyne told us to take it easy tonight, to not push it too hard. The 1km we did in 3:02. Solid, we were going at around 3:07 pace until about 200m to go when we realised it was probably a bit slow. Bit of a kick the last 200m but I stayed up the front. 600m, again we were told to go a bit slower, we did it in 1:35 no worries. Felt pretty good. The last rep before states was the 300m,  accidently ran a Pb. Wasn't ready when we started and found myself in lane 2 within the first 100m. And I was behind the barriers blocking 1 and 2. Went back inside behind Haftu and Stayed behind him for the rest of the rep. Ended up running 42s which was strange because I didn't even kick. Good though to give me a bit of confidence. Practiced some race starts with Haftu and Chris then cycled off home. 4.8km in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment