Friday 7 February 2014

More Taper

Vic juniors next week so I think Cheyne is trying to ease up the training before the big races. So 1km, 600m then 300m like last week. Incredibly hot again so the 1km was a struggle. Wasn't feeling it yesterday, but the 1km felt strange. 2:50 but it felt like I could've gone faster. Just wasn't feeling it. Next rep, the 600, I ran a pb of 1:29. Then the 300m which was 43s, and I had a lactic headache after. Just felt strange. Not actually a bad session. 4.3km in all.

4 comments:

  1. Great times Jack. Would be good to see what you could do an 800m/1500m in currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Tom, yeah it would be, I have a 1500 this Friday, I haven't raced an 800 properly since primary school to be honest. Hope everything is alright up in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was chatting to my mate Gary (Easy Tiger) who is an 800m runner and he reckoned that on those rep times you should be close to 2:00 for an 800m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'll have to give it a shot then, I'll see what comes up in a few weeks, cheers Tom and say thanks to Gary for me.

    ReplyDelete