Monday 10 July 2017

Switching it up

Sunday was pretty keen to keep the toe out of trouble so on the bike with Dad for 60km. Really fast in the end, did it in about 1 hour 50 including traffic lights we were going so quick on the way out to Mordy. Added a bit extra towards Port Phillip to get it to 60. Great ride.

Monday was the physio so got some deloading things in my shoe to take the weight off my toe. Had me run on the treadmill and when I'm barefoot, my ankle does slouch a bit, but it's way better when I'm in shoes. My shins are a bit sore as well so I'll keep the running to a minimum this week so hopefully I'm all good for the race.

Going snowboarding for a few days after the 10km so I won't run there and will take the rest of the week easy. Really keen to run well at the half, but I gotta make it to the start line so this easy week will do my body wonders I reckon.

Anyway did a timed Monas session with JB and Jasper Monday night. Great run, worked well on the longer reps but I was hurting in the short stuff, pretty happy, covered 5.5km so best one yet. 12.7 all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment