Thursday 4 September 2014

District Athletics 2014

Had the next round of the athletics today and was just running the 1500m. Up against the kid I lost to last round ad the guy I lost to last year in the same race. Felt pretty good, but I was really nervous because I had to take it out hard. Fast start but it slowed right down early so I went outside and around the leaders to push it on faster. First lap in 68s or so. I was in the lead for the rest of the race and just kept on pushing the pace so nobody was on my tail in the last 100m. Time was 4:30 so okay but nothing special at all although I do feel like I could go much faster if someone was with me. I won though which was the main thing. First win in more than a year so that felt good.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Jack. The advice worked. Take them out from the start and don't rely on your (wobbly) sprint finish !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worked, pretty pumped for the next round

    ReplyDelete