Monday 4 August 2014

Albert Park 10km

Got up early yesterday for this race. Really flat and fast although with some tricky turn around points. Did a warm up with Chris, Sam and the fellas. I was about 4 rows back from the startline but next time going to get right up there. Really packed and someone took a tumble within 5m of the start bringing down some more people with her. Started strong with the first km in around 3:15. Felt fine until 3km hitting 2 and 3 in around 3:30 each. Felt a bit sore after 4km but not too bad. Then through 5km in around 17:30 so almost perfect split there. Pretty sore at this point and definitely nervous about the next 5. Hung in there and stayed behind another bloke up until around 6km when I wanted to push. A Glenhuntly runner came by me and I stuck on him and soon saw Chris up ahead. Caught Chris at around 7.5km, and went by him. This was a fair miracle. He then stuck on me and went by about 500m later but then I came back to his shoulder but another surge from him saw me finished. 1km to go and I was exhausted. Pushed on though, the last 300m was on the track. Definitely very rough, but happy enough with the time of 35:39. Really want to break 35 minutes soon though as that seems to be where all the big dogs are finishing in around 34:30. Have the Melbourne Marathon 10km in 2 months. Will put in the hard yards between now and then and see what comes of it. Played soccer as well in the afternoon. The sorest I have ever been now...

No comments:

Post a Comment