Saturday 17 May 2014

Update

Thursday- up at running club for a speedier session. It was Nick, Haftu, Jasper and I all doing 2k hard, 1k hard then 1k hard. 2km went great, Cheyne said he wanted 6:10 but it was really windy along the back straight of our 1200m track so we were pretty dubious. Started off slow but sped up quickly and went through the first km in 3:10. I was feeling good so pushed on hard. Haftu stayed with me and we were really travelling the last 600m. Did the second km in 2:58 so really happy. 6:08 together. I didn't think I was that fit before the session. Laid back a bit on the first 1km rep in 3:04. Feeling a bit sick at this point, but I was alright. A faster km on the second 1km rep, going well up until 200m to go when I slipped, was off balance, slowed right down, both Haftu and Nick kicked past and I had nothing left. 2:59 was the time so happy going under 3 for the last.
This morning- did an easy 10km in 47:10. Felt good throughout although the knee and hip flexor were a bit sore at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment