Saturday 3 May 2014

Jells Park 3km Relay

Today had my first cross country race of the season. I was in a team younger team because I hadn't signed up in time and was just running on invitation. Only U16's though and I was with Jasper from the squad and Will who is in the club but runs with a different coach. Will took the first leg and ran 10:44 for the 3km. Jasper had a go and managed 10:29. Then it was my go. Started off up a hill about 400m long then turned a corner and travelled back down some of the hill and turned another corner. The course was alright but really up and down which was a pain. Felt alright at this point and kept on going up, down and around until I finished with a time of 10:18. Definitely feel like I should've pushed myself more as I was tired but not dead like some of the races I have run. I am still struggling with race experience and feel like I will do much better next time over the same distance. I guess its all learning and I have my school meet next week so we'll see how I go in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment