Friday 15 September 2017

Yeah nah

Well I think I'm back for the time being. The achilles sorted itself out after I cut the back of my shoe off and I've been back running consistently for the past week and a half. Training has been going great, but I had the Prince Park relays this morning and ran 10:32 for the 3.2k which wasn't fantastic, but I was absolutely knackered haven't been going to bed soon enough.

I was meant to run last leg but our first leg runner didn't show so I went in as first runner instead a bit last minute. Started and right off the bat legs just felt like they had nothing in them. So slugged it out and worked up some more pace in the middle section. But yeah I reckon it was the sleep to be honest. Even now just wanna snooze. 

Still planning to do this half-marathon but talking to the coaches and realised that there's not long to go now, so made a plan just to keep doing what I'm doing for the next 3 weeks, then back off in the last week which should hopefully get me through. Looking forward to some track work after that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment