Wednesday 1 February 2017

Teams sports brah

So Cor messaged me just before training asking if I could fill in for his cage soccer team after cardio. Did the session then played. Session was same as last Wednesday 8 x 400m w/ 200m jog recovery. Trained with JB, Jasper and Young Beau. Great hit out so much better than last week. No headwind this week but the hill was still lurking meaning that all the odd numbered reps were uphill.

Times were solid but it is hard to get under 70 on the outside.

74, 73, 74, 73, 75, 73, 76, 72

Closed pretty well although Jasp managed to get away from me on the last couple. 12km all up and pretty knackered.

 Backing up in soccer was harder than I thought it was going to be. Not used to the accelerashe but held on okay. Once I had momentum I could move alright but getting going was hard after the 4's.  Played pretty well I think, I'll try and get a game as much as I can as long as it doesn't clash. Managed to claim the victory which was nice. I don't have the skill I used to but being stronger and calmer helped. Definitely more defense minded these days. Genuinely love passing the ball backwards, makes you feel like you have so much control when you can comfortable knock it around the defense. About to easy run now then hit the gym. K's will be high this week I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment