Friday 3 February 2017

Troubles

Top of my foot pulled up a bit sore during the run last night so cut it a bit short and just covered 9km. First time I've listened to my body properly in years. Ditched strength as well to be honest mostly because I was in a bad mood.

Got out to the physio this morning and apparently it's just looking like an inflamed tendon so lot's of ice and rolling. Tapped around on my shin as well and realised that I'm just about on the edge of my max load. It's not as sore as it was before Christmas which is good, but it's not 100% either. Won't be going too far above 80km a week until my body gets used to it.

Jumped on the bike this arvo for 22km at 32.1km/h. Rolling along nicely.

Anyway had a chat with the parents and decided I'm going to chill on the running front for a while. I'm definitely not getting out enough and I'm stressing way too much about mileage and times and all that. So solution is get out more and not worry about making every single run. I reckon I'll just try and enjoy my life as much as I can while I'm still young and train when I can, but I'm no longer going to let hills get in the way of a big night. I'm becoming very boring now that I think about it so I'm just going to run to enjoy it and not care about how fast. Sure I'll still smash myself in training, but I'm not going to obsess at all.

I feel like if I keep stressing about training when it's not taking me anywhere, I'm going to regret missing out on good times with my mates. I can always start obsessing again once I grow up a bit and have nothing else to do, but right now there's too many good times to be had I reckon. I reckon in year 12, between partying, training and working hard, I had a pretty solid balance so that's what I'm going to find again.

No comments:

Post a Comment