Monday 16 May 2016

Sticks and Stones

Monas tonight, off time instead of distance. Unbelievably windy, like insane. Hung with Jasper for the most part, although I eventually pulled away, but he reeled me back in on the last rep. 

90s and 60s went well. 30s struggled and 15s were gross. With about 400m to go in the session, coming around the bottom corner, tree branch fell 2m in front of me. Gave me a bit of a surprise, all focus and rhythm gone for the final push. I was pretty lucky though, it would've left a hefty cut across my face at the very least if I had been a bit quicker. 

11.1km all up. Crueden Farm is the race on Saturday, just going I train through it like the last ones. The big ones that I'll taper for will be Bundoora which doubles as state champs, and Albert Park 10km because I like 10km PB's. I think Crueden is 6km though so should be good. Not sure how hilly it is, but hopefully it's more than a few steps down from Wandin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment