Saturday 21 May 2016

Cruden Farm 2016

Another new course added this year. 6km for my build, really scenic to be honest, rolling hills, small gravel tracks, river crossings, sharp turns and a distinct lack of fence jumps, which was ideal.

Probably my favourite course that I've ever run on, despite having another average race due to a lack of a taper. 

Start looked hectic, but it wasn't too bad in the end. Bit of a bottleneck affect through a gate, but I got through unharmed. Bit of a loop before hitting a gravel track and a muddy section, just fighting for position here. 

Then kind of died a bit after 3km. Hit the more prominent hills and really struggled. Kept letting people go past me which pissed me off as I just couldn't stay with them. By the time I hit the river I pretty much dove in. Didn't even consider picking a line. Got overtaken by the leading girl and finished 13 seconds behind her. 

My time was 21:00, and the course was a bit short. Good news was I finished 20th so 1 place better than Wandin. Has anyone got any tips for racing? Maybe I should go out a touch slower? Unsurprised, but frustrating all the same. Sam and Denyan killed it like normal. I've definitely got to get some mental game happening, I feel like I take it too easy sometimes and that's why I'm disappointed, but I crossed the line today and the marshal called for medical assistance because they though I was gonna pass out, so maybe I am working hard enough. 

Ah well, I'm definitely overthinking it again. Next race is Bundoora which I'll taper for so we'll see if I can make a top 20 happen. I just want to be running really fast so badly. 12km all up, please comment if you think you can help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment