Tuesday 19 January 2016

Stressy

Yesterday was 30km in 1:02 after a very slow start due to traffic so I'm definitely feeling stronger on the bike. 

Caught a guy down beach road and stuck behind him before having a go out the front. Switched the lead a few times and said goodbye when I had to turn. Making friends is pretty easy in cycling. 

Then this morning did 4 x 5 mins at the velodrome with 2,5 mins recovery. No close calls this time and started to feel the burn early in the first one which wasn't a great start but once properly warmed up it went well. 15.2 in the session. 28km all up. 

Went to see Rob the physio after a recommendation for a second opinion on the back, a casual 28:50 10km man in his prime, he reckoned it was a stress fracture in my pelvis so that's not great. 

The thing is, I've had it for a while so  he reckons I've only got two to three weeks more off running which is good. But he says I should have a scan if it isn't feeling better by next week. I can still cycle though so it's not all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment