Sunday 17 January 2016

Greatest (almost) hits

Another session by myself Saturday morning. Decided on 3 x 7 mins hard, with 3 minutes easy as recovery. 

Not too much to say about it other than it was really tough. The velodrome is a great place to cycle. However, there was a dad and two kids, playing on bikes on the velodrome. One of the kids came into my line as I was almost next to him, not realising I was there, so a hasty swerve and lots of shouting from me, expelling  my fear and fury that both of us would end with broken bones. 

Yesterday met Mahoney in the morning for a long ride. As soo as we hit beach road, loads of cyclists went by so we jumped in a group. We discussed beforehand that as soon as someone went by us, we were to jump onto the back of him so our pace continually became quicker. It was really fun and hard work at the same time as I had to take my turn at the front of the group a few times which hurts so much more than drafting in the middle. 

48km for that one. Due to my lack of cleats and road wheels, a bloke asked me if I did athletics and we talked about running for a bit. It made me miss running even more. 

220km for the week. Physio appointment on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment