Sunday 11 October 2015

More updates

Apologies once more, time is short for the final weeks before exams so updating will be back to normal shortly. Stretching back to last Tuesday, did an easy 8km along the beach.

Had training the next day, in which we did 10 x 200m on, 200m off. Really tough, probably averaged around 33s for each one.

Then easy run on Thursday, but both arches in the feet really started hurting. Rested up all day Friday to train on Saturday morning. Did the hill session with times of:

1:11, 1:16, 1:16, 1:17, 1:22, 1:17, 1:21, 1:16

So times definitely came down from last week which was good, although my overall time was 24:50 for the session which wasn't as great. Both feet really sore for the rest of Saturday which didn't bode well for a ferny long run. Dad reckoned it was my shoes as I only have one pair and they were getting really old. This seemed fair so we went out to get 2 pairs so I could rotate, making both pairs last longer and getting a bit of variety for the muscles.

Didn't risk the long run on Sunday and went to a spin class instead. That was genuinely one of the toughest things I've ever done. Went in there expecting it to be easy, but as soon as the instructor introduced himself, saying his name was "Randal" I realised it had to be aggressive if a person involved had that kind of name.

That was 45 mins of high intensity. Seemed like some really quality corss training though, so I'll keep that consistent after year 12.

Today in school had the beep test challenge, but my heart wasn't in it. Ran 14.8 I think, so a bit disappointed but the feet have stopped hurting off the new shoes. Won't train tonight as I've got work to do and the beep test was today so I'll go for an easy run tomorrow.

16 days till English.

No comments:

Post a Comment