Sunday 18 October 2015

More reminiscing


Right so again, another mental week. Had my French oral exam on Wednesday and that went well so I'm happy. Did an easy run I the Tuesday after the beep test. 8km, felt good.

The following night was Lesley's training. It was one of the toughest things I've done and I'd give you the full rundown but I have forgotten most of it. It was 2 x 600m, 4 x 400m, 4 x 200m, 4 x 100m and the heat was draining. 

Stoked with how I went though, considering Sam lapped me twice over 8 km which was fairly aggressive. Then last day of school on Thursday forever which was a bit surreal. Did another easy run in the evening after pooling for a few hours. 

Then Friday was the year 12 assembly which was such a good time. 6:30 wake up to get to Pre's in the morning, before a loud journey up to school and getting up and about for the assembly. Videos were ripper. Our one was called "Squares : The Mckinnon Edition" and I think it's on you tube and it goes in depth on the greatest and most loved sport the world has ever seen. Look for squares at Rio 2016.

So the big night started at 12 noon and the idea was to put in a 12 hour stint of beers and bangers. I lasted until 3 before it caught up with me. Shot home, grabbed a shower and changed, got some of a practice exam done and headed back out for 7. Rolled back to Falcon's for one of the greatest. Must've been close to 200 people there. Mental. Realised as I was falling asleep that hills would not be a great call in the morning due that current state. 

Went for a jog in the evening instead and reminisced on high school's finest moments. 

Got down to Ferny this morning though for a solid 19.4km in 1:36. Feeling great  now. 11 days till English. Here's some photos of Friday and the last few days of school.


No comments:

Post a Comment