Thursday 17 April 2014

8 x 1km

Big session this morning at running club, trained really well and I am in much better form than I previously thought. 2.5km warm up then we started. Haftu, Nick, Jasper and I giving it a go today. Haftu led the first one taking us round for an easy 3:16. Feeling fantastic at this point like I hadn't even run anything. We stepped it up to 3:12 on this one, but I felt it a bit during the last 50m. It was 3 minutes recovery for the first 4 which was hard considering we had to walk 200m to get to the starting point. 3rd one was in 3:08, I was leading these one's and still feeling good I pushed it a bit harder on the fourth pulling a nice 3:06. We then had a 5 minute break before starting the fifth in 3:08. Haftu and Jasper stopped here because they are a bit younger and they went a fair bit ahead on the fifth. Keeping it solid and staying under 3:10 was great, but I was getting more and more tired but the times didn't show it. 3:07 for the 6th, but we were having 3:30 recovery instead of a normal 3. Then back down to 3:08 for the 7th. Ran that one by myself because Nick wasn't feeling it. He then proceeded to kill me on the last one, but I was still stoked with my time. 3:00, a great way to finish up, but Nick did pull and 2:54 for the last. 11.6km all together some real quality training. Rest day tomorrow and I'm glad, pretty sore at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment