Wednesday 10 June 2015

Trying

So went up to running club tonight but my squad wasn't training so jumped in with the guys I went to Warburton with. After a speedy warm up the session was 6 x 1 minute easy, 1 minute hard and 4 x 30s easy, 30s hard. I was meant to do 6 30's but I was struggling from the weekends mileage so I was told to stop because of the race on Saturday.

Training with Will and only just managed to hold on before I was given the red light. Pretty tough to be fair so hope I'm alright for Saturday. It's 8km and seriously hilly so the plan is to take the first 4km easy so I don't die like at Jells. I'll focus on form and staying strong before attempting to negative split the second lap.

Chatting to Will on the cool down and he reckons consistent Saturday hills and Ferny long runs are what have let him hit such good form and he offered me some lifts so definitely going to start that after this weekends abundance of races. The next stage of the cross country is on Monday so hopefully I can haul my way through that after Saturday's monster. 10km all up for this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment