Monday 22 June 2015

Tough stuff

Tonight was with Lesley's squad as it's Monday and ended up training pretty well. Freezing again, pretty thankful for the running gloves. We were doing 6 x 400m with 400m jog recovery and 4 x 200m with 200m jog recovery. Started off with Will while Jack and Beau stormed off. Managed to stay with Will until the fifth four when he started to pull away,  I always forget quickly how much it hurts but I feel now like I can push harder to stay with him. The middle stage of the race is what counts.

Times went : 400's- 1:13, 1:11, 1:11, 1:16, 1:13, 1:18. The jog recovery between made it much harder to run faster during the reps so that's where the time suffered.

200's- 38s, 37s, 30s, 33s- these were unsure as the distances were different for each so I think I would have hit around 35/36 for each except the last one which was faster.

Next time going to try even harder to hold on and hopefully the mix of starting off hard and dying sessions with the more conservative Thursday sessions will help because of the variety. 12.2km tonight. Saturday will be interesting. I have a suspicion that I might do fairly well compared to other people my age as I've done more then your average number of 10km races so I'm hoping the experience will help. The goal is sub 35 so we'll see what I can manage.

Bit worried about my left calf as it's a bit tight, but Stacy said get the spiky ball and roller onto it and it should loosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment