Thursday 18 June 2015

The ones that count

Bitterly cold tonight, wind had a bite as well so the motivation levels were lacking. Rocked up anyway and found out that Haftu was tapering and Tom wasn't making an appearance so training solo was on the cards for me. Warmed up with Haffie who has hit some outstanding form recently, coming second for his age at the all schools cross country last Saturday.

My session was 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 minutes hard with 1 minute jog between each. Only goal was to make sure I did 1.2km on the 4 minute rep and keep everything else solid which I managed. On the second 2 minute effort, I really struggled into the wind but overall happy with my performance.

10.8km all up, going to the physio tomorrow as Stacy, the physio who came to Warburton with us, sent me some exercises for injury prevention and turns out I can't do any of them. Decided that I should probably get onto that as injured is not good. Also I reckon, I'll build up strength through my whole body which will keep me strong during races, making sure my form stays steady. Should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment