Wednesday 3 June 2015

Addicted

Well I reckon I got withdrawals from running these past 3 days. The lack of cardio got to my head but back on my feet now. Tonight's session was create your own fartlek followed by some 300's on the track. Luke, Jasper, Tom and I tonight for a relieving workout. Luke's been around for a while and does mainly 800's and plays a lot of footy. His goal is sub 1:53 at the end of the year and if he does this, St. Kilda have given him the green light and will draft him in 2016. A lot on Shermo's plate but apparently for one of Luke's last 3's tonight he hit 38s so I'd back him to do it.

So the idea of make your own fartlek was: 2 x 2.4km of fartlek, but during the recoveries each person took a turn saying where we were going to start and finish the rep. First one went down well in 9:05 for the 2.4 worth of hard efforts and jog recoveries. Next one was a little tougher. I was coughing up all sorts due to the last few days of antigen fighting. Finished pretty knackered but got some water before the 3's.

Times were: 48s, 47s, 47s, 46s, 44s.

Last one was slower than normal but the first few felt easy. Lot's of time on the outside loop has done aerobic capacity wonders but the turnover struggled. 11.1 all up, stoked that I got that done.

This got me man, this really got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment