Friday 11 July 2014

Sandown Race Course Relays

Yesterday did 8.2km in 39:32. It felt harder than it should have which is really irritating but I think I need to stick to around 5 minute km's on the easy runs.

Today had the Sandown Race Course Relays which was really good. It on a car race track and it's flat and fast. But windy and rainy today which slowed everyone down. On a team of 3 with Declan and Max who is a few years younger. I was on the last leg which was okay, the loop is 3.2km long. Started off well feeling good the first km in 3:10, then the next did have the courses only hill which is pretty long but not steep. Slowed on this km though to 3:16. Wind started to pick up here as we turned a corner straight into a wall of wind and rain, couldn't see, legs and face went 100% numb which was very unsure as I couldn't tell if I was hurting or not. Hit the last km mark in 3:10 and kicked home to the line. Went through 3km in 9:36 which is a Pb but I feel like I can do much faster. Running by yourself is a pain and next relays definitely going to claim the first leg so I can try and hang onto all the big dog's at the front. Overall time was 10:10 for the 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment