Wednesday 8 July 2015

Regular

Training with Cheyne last night and it was pretty good to be honest. Tom, Jasper and I training so it was good to see some familiar faces. The session was Kenyan so 8 x 2 mins hard, 2 mins easy and 6 x 1 min hard, 1 min easy.

Started off well, I felt really comfortable up until 6 where it started to hurt. Pace dropped at 7 but no too badly and we picked it right up on the 8th. Jasper stopped after 6 as he is younger. The 7th was toughest I reckon into the headwind, I pushed early but then settled back as Tom took over.  The 8th looked after itself as it was the last, I've missed doing the last rep the fastest.

Longer session than I've been doing the past few weeks so I definitely felt it then, as well as now. Tom stopped after the 2's for fear of aggravating a foot injury. Jasper jumped back in though which helped me loads. He pushed hard the first 4 making the last 2, 1 minuters tough for me. Gave it everything on the last one. Did 2k cool down on the grass with Jasp for 14.7 all up.

Did 8k easy this morning in 36:50 or so. Felt fit but pretty tired from last night. Sandown relays this weekend followed by the big one of State Schools cross country next week. Then a bit of a break after that from racing I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment