Friday 3 July 2015

General News

Bit of a catch up of what's been happening. On Wednesday night I trained with Lesley's squad and we  did the acceleration session which was new to me but apparently and old favourite with the rest of the squad. It's done on the 1200m loop and it's starts with 200m hard, 200m jog, 400m at 5k pace, then 200m flat out then 200m jog and repeat. Felt pretty good and held onto the leaders for 1 and a half laps.

Died a bit and was caught by some people who I shouldn't have been caught by. Unsure whether I should continue to push hard to stay with the leaders and hang on for as long as I can, or run the session at my own pace. I think mixing it up would be the best way to go, but does anyone recommend one or the other??

10.8k all up for that one and I was pretty sore the next day. Did just under 10k with Will on Thursday followed by some strides on the grass. Then cycled up Ormond for some Shwarma with Jb, Will and Sam which was pretty high quality for a tenner and I've got a feeling it might become tradish. It's a bit like a souvlaki.

Flew up to Sydney Thursday night and took a rest day on today. Uncle Tom, who's running Gold Coast set me up with his squad so I'm trying to organise a long run with them on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll try and get out to do the Curl Curl park run but if not,I'll do a hill session instead. Had a really good dinner tonight at the Manly Grill in which I got down enough protein for the next 17 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment