Thursday 12 February 2015

Forgetting

Haven't updated in a while so poor form from me. Took a rest day Monday after the long run, then trained Tuesday and took yesterday and today off. Having a really easy week because of Vic Junior Champs tomorrow. I'm running 1500m. Training Tuesday was okay. We did 4 x 1km with only 200m jog recovery in between. First really hot session as well so that didn't combined with a bit of wind make life difficult. Times were 3:18, 3:17, 3:09, 3:20 so not great. Haftu sped me up on the third as he kicked home. Then did some 400's on the track off 90s. Times were 73s, 72s, 70s, 65s. Chris and I rotated the lead then he went out really quick on the last. I focused on holding the distance but he eased ahead with 250m to go. He ended up 2 seconds ahead in 63s.  Finished with a bang but still the reps were nothing special. I'm just trying to go for a PB tomorrow night. There is heats tomorrow but I am running in U/20's since the new year so there's one guy who's run 3:44 for that distance and 2 more who've run 3:48 so its pretty mental competition. But the goal for me is focusing on cross country after this and doing well in the school competition. We want to try and win the state title for our school team so I'll try and build up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment