Saturday 30 April 2016

Gruelling

Got home late last night and was talked out an early start for Ferny due to not enough sleep recently which is probably fair. 

So got up later and went for a run at 9:30. Absolutely gruelling. Wind was in my face for the first 6km. Got to the beach and decided to face the wind on the way out. Somehow, I managed to pick the wrong way, which I realised when my watch split 4:05 and I wasn't trying. 

So turned around and ran into a wall. A constant barrage for 3km, the pace went from 4:45 to 5:20 and I was working. Strongest wind I've ever run against I'd say. Although the return was ideal. 18.8km in between 1:25 and 1:30, the watch died. Probably killed by the wind. 

74.3 for the week. Bit of a niggle in the left foot. We'll see how we go tomorrow. Congrats to Sophie's team who managed to win the 24/7, she managed to run over 43km in 24 hours. 

Wandin Park next Saturday. I'm excited to race again.

2 comments:

  1. It's actually Wills team...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually Wills team...

    ReplyDelete