Wednesday 9 September 2015

Good and bad

Last 2 weeks of term are mental with 7 exams in 2 weeks. What a joke. Anyway rocked up to training Monday night feeling great and the session followed suit. Most people were recovering from the Burnley half and performance of the day would have to go to Cass who ran a spectacular 76 before getting on a plane to Europe.

So it was Sam, Will and I training together, but it had more to do with me attempting to hold on. Session was 5 x 600 on, 600 jog followed by 4 x 200m on , 200m off. Started well, I set a goal of sub 1:50 for all the 6's and managed to get there although it was a tight finish.

All the reps had me right there until 200m, then they'd slowly pull away, Sam would take the corner fast and accelerate again while I dragged myself to the end in Will's footsteps. Times went: 

1:48, 1:48, 1:49, 1:49, 1:50

2's were real good as well, I managed to stay with them on these because it was less aerobic I reckon. Not sure of the times but Sam seemed happy. 

Did 40minutes easy yesterday and covered 8 and a half. Did the leg program and a bit of core. 

In bad news, the hammy felt tight all day today, did the warm up and 1 rep tonight before pulling the pin. Scared to develop something worse, so hopefully it's just tight. Really frustrated as it seems every time I'm getting somewhere something goes wrong. Hopefully it's just the skeptical final year vibes. 49 days till English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment